Spiced Peach and Nectarine Dark Rum Flambé over Ginger Gelato
Spice up our delicious ginger gelato with a warm and spicy summer fruit flambé.
Makes 4 Servings
5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
5 Tablespoons dark rum
1 large nectarine, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
1 large peach, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
2 Cups Gelato Classico® Fresh Ginger Gelato
- Place butter and sugar in a heavy-bottomed 12 inch sauté pan on medium-high heat and stir until sugar dissolves and the sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the peach and nectarine wedges. Spoon the sugar mixture over the fruit while cooking until the fruit starts to get slightly golden on the bottom, about 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the fruit over and continue to cook for about 1 minute longer, until fruit is just cooked through but still firm.
- Turn off the heat and remove pan from the burner. Add the rum to the pan and swirl the pan to warm the rum with the residual heat in the pan.
- Once the rum mixture is warmed, ignite the rum with a match and let the alcohol burn off.
- When the flames have subsided, add the spices and lemon zest and serve warm over Gelato Classico® Fresh Ginger gelato.